Roles & Responsibility
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; and projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; and following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff work results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong communication skills
- Creating and implementing a sales plan
- Meeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analyzing sales data
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Mentoring and coaching sales reps
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration
- MBA preferred
- Two to three years of experience as sales manager
- Three to five years of sales experience
- Proven track record of positive sales performance